A credit card that I don’t often talk about is currently offering a best-ever welcome bonus, as flagged by Doctor Of Credit. While it’s not for everyone, it has the potential to offer quite a bit of value with a points currency that can be hard to accrue.
In this post:
Lufthansa Miles & More Card 100K bonus miles promo
The Lufthansa Miles & More World Elite Mastercard issued in the United States is currently offering a bonus of 100,000 miles after spending $3,000 within the first 90 days. The card is issued by Barclays, so standard application restrictions apply.
Is the Lufthansa Miles & More Card worth it?
The Lufthansa Miles & More Card has an $89 annual fee, and offers some perks, including:
- 2x miles on purchases directly with Lufthansa, and 1x miles on all other purchases
- Two Lufthansa Business Lounge vouchers annually, which can be used at any Lufthansa Business Lounge globally within 12 months
- An annual economy companion ticket every year, which must be booked via the Miles & More companion ticket service hotline, at 866-461-5399; note that this has a high minimum fare requirement, so for most travelers this won’t be worth it
Here’s my take on the card:
- Objectively the card has decent perks for the $89 annual fee; many will value the Lufthansa Business Lounge vouchers at that much, but then again, keep in mind the Amex Platinum also offers access to select Lufthansa Business Lounges
- The economy companion voucher is of little value in my opinion, given the high minimum fare requirements
- The key advantage of having Lufthansa Miles & More miles is that you can book Lufthansa first class awards more than 15 days in advance; a one-way first class award from the United States to Europe costs 91,000 miles, plus there are significant fuel surcharges
- Lufthansa Miles & More doesn’t partner with any of the major transferable points currencies, so it can be hard for those in the US to otherwise top off their account with more miles
The Lufthansa Miles & More Mastercard has a welcome bonus of 100K miles. This is the best offers we’ve seen on the card.
For those who have had just about all other cards, and/or those who have a specific reason they want Miles & More miles, this could be a good opportunity. However, I think the card probably isn’t worth picking up for most people. For example, I’ll be giving this card a pass.
Anyone plan on picking up the Lufthansa Miles & More Card?