LATAM Pass has just launched a pretty generous status match promotion, though it’s specifically for residents of Colombia. If you’re eligible and fly LATAM with any frequency then this is a great opportunity, though otherwise the benefits of this are pretty limited.
Basics of LATAM’s status match promo
The website statusmatch.com is partnering with LATAM Pass to offer a status match promotion. A few basics to be aware of, to start:
- Requesting a status match is free of charge
- LATAM is matching to Gold, Gold Plus, Platinum, and Black status, but not to Black Signature status
- Status matches will be approved within three business days, and status should be updated within six days
- The promotion is valid for matches through May 12, 2022, or until the limits on the status match have been exhausted
- Matched status is valid through March 31, 2023
- This offer is only valid for residents of Colombia, which is a major restriction; presumably residency is generally determined by the address on your LATAM Pass account
Which airline status is LATAM matching?
According to the FAQs, LATAM is matching the following status:
- Aerolineas Argentinas Aerolineas Plus
- Aeromexico Club Premier
- Air Canada Aeroplan
- Air Europa SUMA
- Air France-KLM Flying Blue
- American Airlines AAdvantage
- Avianca LifeMiles
- Caribbean Airlines Caribbean Miles
- Copa Airlines ConnectMiles
- Delta Air Lines SkyMiles
- GOL Smiles
- Iberia Plus
- JetBlue TrueBlue
- Lufthansa Miles & More
- TAP Air Portugal Miles & Go
- Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles
- United Airlines MileagePlus
As you can see, this includes a lot of airline options, and in each case you should be matched to a roughly equivalent tier in LATAM Pass. For example, American AAdvantage Executive Platinum matches to LATAM Pass Black.
Is this status match worth it?
Of course the major restriction here is that you need to be a resident of Colombia, which is seriously limiting. But even beyond that, is this status match opportunity worth it?
- Getting a status match at no cost and without a flying requirement is pretty awesome, especially when status tiers this high are being matched
- The catch is that LATAM no longer belongs to a global alliance, which changed when Delta invested in LATAM; if you’re looking for perks on other airlines, you can expect some limited benefits on Delta, but that’s about it
- LATAM Pass does have pretty strong elite perks when flying with the airline, including priority check-in, lounge access, premium seat assignments, upgrades, and more
There’s a new status match promotion for LATAM Pass. The good news is that status is being matched all the way up to Black status, there’s no cost for the match, and there’s no flying requirement. The bad news is that this offer is exclusively for residents of Colombia (make of that what you will), and LATAM is no longer in the oneworld alliance.
This is definitely more niche than the recent Royal Air Maroc status match we saw, but for some could still prove to be useful.
Do any Colombian OMAAT readers plan to take advantage of this offer?