IHG One Rewards has just revealed the details of its fall 2022 promotion. While registration is now open, you can only start earning bonus points in mid-October. Let’s go over the details.
IHG One Rewards global fall 2022 promo
With IHG One Rewards’ new global promotion, members can register for one of the following two promotions:
- Earn 2,000 bonus points after every two nights
- Earn 10,000 bonus points after every four nights
As you’d expect, there are some details to be aware of:
- The promotion is valid for stays between October 13 and December 31, 2022
- Registration is required between September 28 and December 31, 2022, and prior to an eligible stay; you have to specify which offer you want to register for, as you can’t change your promotion once registered
- There is no booking deadline, so nights consumed anytime during the promotion period would be eligible, as long as you register in time
- All paid nights booked directly with IHG qualify for this promotion, as long as the nightly rate is at least $30 (award nights don’t qualify)
- There’s no limit to how many bonus points you can earn with this promotion
- Bonus points will post up to six weeks after an eligible stay
How lucrative is this IHG One Rewards promo?
While I can appreciate the concept of letting program members customize their promotion, these two promotions have very different value propositions:
- If you earn 2,000 bonus points after every two nights, that’s like 1,000 bonus points per night
- If you earn 10,000 bonus points after every four nights, that’s like 2,500 bonus points per night
Nearly everyone should register for the promotion offering 10,000 bonus points after four nights. The only except is if you plan on only staying up to three nights during the promotion period, in which case it’s better to earn something than nothing.
For what it’s worth, I value IHG points at ~0.5 cents each, so I value an incremental 2,500 bonus points per night at a ~$12.50 incremental return per night. That’s potentially pretty good, especially if staying at reasonably priced properties. Furthermore, it’s nice that you start earning this bonus with your first stay, and there’s no cap on how many bonus points you can earn.
This bonus is in addition to the standard points earning rates with IHG One Rewards, which are as follows:
- IHG offers 10x points per dollar spent at most brands, and 5x points per dollar spent at Candlewood Suites and Staybridge Suites
- IHG members receive bonus points — Silver members receive a 20% bonus, Gold members receive a 40% bonus, Platinum members receive a 60% bonus, and Diamond members receive a 100% bonus
- If you pay with the IHG® Rewards Premier Credit Card (review) or IHG® Rewards Premier Business Credit Card (review), you earn 10x IHG bonus points per dollar spent
IHG One Rewards has today opened registration for its fall 2022 promotion. With this offer, you can earn 10,000 bonus points after every four nights you stay, which comes out to a bonus of 2,500 points per night, in the right increments.
This is a solid promotion, especially in light of the general value of the new IHG One Rewards program, whereby elite status is much more valuable than in the past.
What do you make of IHG One Rewards’ new promotion?