British Airways has just launched a double Avios promotion for upcoming flights, which has the potential to be a good deal. We’ve seen a promotion like this for the past few winters, so it’s nice to see the offer return. This offer comes shortly after British Airways has moved to a revenue based system for awarding Avios.
In this post:
Earn double Avios on upcoming flights
British Airways is offering Executive Club members double Avios on up to 10 flights. There are some details to be aware of, as you’d expect:
- Register and book by November 21, 2023 (registration needs to happen before booking); the registration link varies based on where your account is registered, so here’s the UK link and here’s the US link
- Travel by January 14, 2024
- Travel on British Airways, or on transatlantic flights operated by American, Finnair, or Iberia, when marketed by British Airways
- For the purposes of the 10 flight limit, each segment is considered one flight; it doesn’t matter whether you book your flights as a one-way, roundtrip, or multi-city, as eligibility works the same
- Executive Club members worldwide are eligible for the promotion
- Double Avios will automatically post within 24-48 hours of the completion of each eligible flight
As a reminder, with British Airways’ new revenue based system for awarding Avios, members earn the following number of Avios:
- Blue members will receive six Avios per £1 spent
- Bronze members will receive seven Avios per £1 spent
- Silver members will receive eight Avios per £1 spent
- Gold members will receive nine Avios per £1 spent
That means with this offer, members will earn anywhere from 12x Avios to 18x Avios per £1 spent.
It pays to be strategic with this offer
You’ll earn double Avios for the first 10 eligible flights you take. This is based on the order in which you travel, not the order in which you book. So you’ll want to put some thought into your travel planning, assuming you’re a super frequent flyer with British Airways.
If you have more than 10 segments, it could be worth crediting the more expensive segments to British Airways Executive Club, and the less lucrative segments to another program (or simply not flying British Airways). For example, you wouldn’t want to miss out on double Avios on a ticket that cost £4,000, simply so that you can earn double Avios on an itinerary that costs £150.
British Airways has a new promotion offering double Avios on 10 upcoming flights. You need to register, then book by November 21, 2023, and then fly by January 14, 2024, to be eligible. This is an offer we see every so often, so be sure you register if you have any upcoming flights.
Do you plan on taking part in the British Airways Executive Club double Avios promotion?