British Airways has just launched a double Avios promotion for upcoming flights, which has the potential to be a good deal. We’ve seen a promotion like this a few times before, though it has been some time.
Earn double Avios on upcoming flights
British Airways is offering Executive Club members double Avios on up to four flights. There are some details to be aware of, as you’d expect:
- Register and book by November 20, 2022 (registration needs to happen before booking)
- Travel by January 31, 2023
- Travel on British Airways, or on transatlantic flights operated by American, Finnair, or Iberia, when marketed by British Airways
- For the purposes of the four flight limit, each segment is considered one flight; it doesn’t matter whether you book your flights as a one-way, roundtrip, or multi-city, as eligibility works the same
- The base Avios earned are doubled, which is to say that class of service bonuses and elite bonuses aren’t doubled; similarly, you’ll only earn elite bonuses based on the regular Avios earned
- Executive Club members worldwide are eligible for the promotion
- Double Avios will automatically post within 24-48 hours of the completion of each eligible flight
It pays to be strategic with this offer
You’ll earn double Avios for the first four eligible flights you take. This is based on the order in which you travel, not the order in which you book. So you’ll want to put some thought into your travel planning.
Let’s say you’re an Executive Club loyalist with two eligible roundtrip itineraries from London to Dublin in economy, and two eligible roundtrip itineraries from London to Singapore in business class. It could be worth crediting those short flights to another program so you can earn double Avios on the long flights.
British Airways has a new promotion offering double Avios on four upcoming flights. You need to register, then book by November 20, 2022, and then fly by January 31, 2023, to be eligible. This is an offer we see every so often, so be sure you register if you have any upcoming flights.
Do you plan on taking part in the British Airways Executive Club double Avios promotion?
I’m traveling on November 28th but won’t get the offer because I have already booked and paid for my ticket doesn’t seem very fair
Anybody else having problems getting the registration to go through? Been trying for a while and keeps coming up with "There was a problem with your request, please try again later." error messages..
yes. so frustrating and no help from BA to fix this
Yes! Been trying for two days. As Nov 20 deadline is tomorrow, this is really frustrating. Anyone have a solution?
I understand that companies make promos only apply to new bookings in order to incentivize bookings. However, it is frustrating when you already have travel booked for the eligible period and basically are punished for already booking. It would be nice to have it that new bookings get 2x Avios and existing bookings get 1.5x Avios or something…
You're not getting punished though. You've already booked on terms that you considered acceptable. They're trying to induce bookings from people who haven't made them - that's literally the point of a promotion. These aren't loyalty rewards, these are behavioral incentives.
Hotel & airline promos taking off again is a clear indicator of a recession...
“Hotel & airline promos taking off again is a clear indicator of a recession...”
Clearly not an economist.
Also, has there been a downturn in demand for airline travel?