While airlines frequently offer fare sales, they’re not all created equal. Alaska Airlines has had quite a few especially lucrative promotions during the pandemic, and the latest such offer has just been rolled out.
Alaska Airlines BOGO sale
Alaska Airlines is offering a “buy one get one free” (BOGO) sale in partnership with Starbucks for travel this winter. As you’d expect, there are some terms and restrictions to be aware of:
- Use promotion code STARBUCKS during the booking process
- Book by 11:59PM PT on Tuesday, December 7, 2021
- Travel between January 5 and March 9, 2022
- This applies for travel booked in economy class
- This is valid for travel on Alaska, Horizon, and SkyWest, but not for travel on partner airlines
- For the second passenger the base fare will be $0, but you’ll still be on the hook for taxes and fees
There are some blackout dates and other day of week restrictions to be aware of:
- Travel to Florida, Hawaii, Mexico, Costa Rica, or Belize, is valid Sundays through Wednesdays
- Travel from Florida, Hawaii, Mexico, Costa Rica or Belize is valid Tuesdays through Fridays
- All other travel is valid Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays
- Blackout dates apply from February 18 through February 28, 2022
For example, Alaska Airlines has $129 one-way fares between Tampa and Seattle. Using promotion code STARBUCKS, you could pay a total of $144 for two passengers, which comes out to $72 per passenger. That’s pretty incredible.
Alaska Airlines’ change fee policy
In the past it was often difficult to decide whether or not to take advantage of a deal like this, given that change fees were often more than the cost of a ticket. The good news is that Alaska Airlines has no change fees anymore, except for Saver tickets.
As long as you avoid Saver fares, you can always lock in a ticket now. If you can’t travel, you can have the value of the ticket deposited in your travel bank account, and then it can be reused within a year from the original date of ticket issue.
Alaska Airlines has a fantastic BOGO sale at the moment, letting you take a companion with you just for the cost of the taxes and fees. This has the potential to be quite a lucrative promotion, if you have any winter travel that you’re considering.
Will you take advantage of this Alaska Airlines BOGO sale?