There’s a great opportunity to get a free six month trial of CLEAR.
Get a six month free trial of CLEAR
If you’re a new customer, you can get a free six month trial of CLEAR if you sign up with promotion code HOLIDAY6M:
- You must sign-up by December 31, 2020, to take advantage of this
- In addition to signing up online, you’ll need to go to the airport to finish enrollment, but that can be after December 31, and it takes just a few minutes (you can do this when you actually travel next)
- You can add family members for free to your Family Account
- CLEAR sets up accounts so that they automatically renew at the normal cost of $189, but you can log into your account and change your automatic renewal settings
What is CLEAR?
For those of you not familiar with CLEAR, the company offers expedited security at select US airports. Instead of lining up to have your ID checked in the regular line or Pre-Check line, you can go to the CLEAR line, have your biometric data taken, and then you’re escorted past the ID checker.
It doesn’t always save me time, though what I appreciate is that it makes my airport experience consistent. I’m always on my way within a few minutes. While the normal price for CLEAR is $189 per year, nobody should actually be paying that much.
Just for being a SkyMiles member (without any status) you get a reduced price of $119 per year, and the price goes down even more if you have status. Then you can use the Amex Green $100 CLEAR credit to knock down the price even further.
Personally CLEAR has saved me quite a bit of time over the years. However, it’s certainly not as useful as it used to be:
- Pre-Check lines are largely shorter than in the past, because not as many business travelers are flying, and therefore you’re not cutting as many people
- In Miami I haven’t found it to be very useful, since CLEAR isn’t available in the “D” concourse, which is what I usually fly out of
You can get a free six month trial of CLEAR by signing up with promotion code HOLIDAY6M. This is the best free trial I ever recall seeing from CLEAR, so hopefully some people can benefit from this. Then again, this is a time of reduced travel for most, so a six month trial isn’t as useful now as it would have been pre-pandemic.
Anyone plan to take advantage of this CLEAR free six month trial?
(Tip of the hat to View from the Wing)