Update: This article contains mentions of The Business Platinum Card® from American Express whose terms have expired and are in the process of being updated. All other offers reflect accurate offer terms. Learn more about the current offers here.
There are a few good ways to save money for travel on British Airways that originates in the US:
- If you have the British Airways Visa Signature® Card, you can save 10% on the cost of a ticket using promotion code CHASEBA10
- If you’re an AARP member, you can save up to $200 on the cost of a British Airways ticket
- If you have The Platinum Card® from American Express or The Business Platinum Card® from American Express, you can use the International Airline Program to save on the cost of a British Airways first class, business class, or premium economy ticket; note that while the British Airways Visa and AARP deals can be stacked, the International Airline Program can’t be stacked with the other offers
As of this post, the British Airways Visa Signature® Card 10% discount is valid for travel throughout British Airways’ schedule.
However, the AARP British Airways offer is valid for bookings through April 30, 2020, and for travel through December 31, 2020.
The British Airways AARP discount is valid for:
- $200 off the cost of a business class ticket
- $65 off the cost of an economy Standard ticket (not valid for economy Basic fares)
It’s great that this offer is still around. I should also mention that the terms now say that “this offer is not combinable with any other discount or deal,” though as of now the AARP discount and BA Visa discount still seem to be combining just fine.