We’re increasingly seeing travel brands get creative when it comes to generating revenue during these tough times. In particular, we’ve seen hotel brands sell discounted gift cards for future stays, and we’ve now seen these promotions from Anantara, Belmond, Marriott, Small Luxury Hotels of the World, and more.
We can now add another hotel group to the list…
Best Western selling gift cards with 20% bonus
Best Western is selling e-gift cards with a 20% bonus through September 30, 2020:
- With each $100 Best Western gift card you get a $20 bonus card
- Each person can purchase up to $500 worth of Best Western gift cards through this offer (for a total of a $100 bonus)
- While the main gift cards purchased don’t have an expiration date, the bonus gift cards expire on December 31, 2020
- You can purchase gift cards in USD or CAD, and then they can be used worldwide
- Best Western gift cards are transferable
- Gift cards can’t be used as a form of reservation guarantee, and you also can’t use them for pre-paid rates
- This promotion is valid exclusively for residents of the US, Canada, and the Caribbean
If you stay at Best Western properties with any frequency then this promotion could make a lot of sense. The main gift cards you purchase don’t expire, but just remember that you have to use the bonus gift cards by the end of the year.
Given that these cards are transferable, there’s quite a bit of flexibility here.
Anyone plan to take advantage of this Best Western gift card promo?