In the past year we’ve seen some hotel groups offer promotions on purchasing gift cards, in an effort to raise cash during these tough times. Most of the best deals are probably behind us in this regard (as a rebound is around the corner), but Best Western has brought back a great promotion that it offered last year.
Best Western selling gift cards with 20% bonus
Best Western is selling e-gift cards with a 20% bonus:
- There’s no published end date for this promotion as far as I can tell, but rather just an expiration for the bonus card
- With each $100 Best Western gift card you get a $20 bonus card
- Each person can purchase up to $500 worth of Best Western gift cards through this offer (for a total of a $100 bonus)
- While the main gift cards purchased don’t have an expiration date, the bonus gift cards expire on November 15, 2021
- You can purchase gift cards in USD, CAD, EUR, or GBP, and then they can be used worldwide
- Best Western gift cards are transferable
- Gift cards can’t be used as a form of reservation guarantee, and you also can’t use them for pre-paid rates
You can potentially stack this with a couple of other offers:
- There’s an Amex Offers deal that can save you $20 when you spend $100+ with Best western
- There’s a Best Western promotion offering gift cards and bonus points for stays this spring, which could represent a good deal
If you stay at Best Western properties with any frequency then this promotion could make a lot of sense. The main gift cards you purchase don’t expire, but just remember that you have to use the bonus gift cards by the middle of November 2021, which gives you several months to use them.
Given that these cards are transferable, there’s quite a bit of flexibility here.
Anyone plan to take advantage of this Best Western gift card promo?