In the past we’ve sometimes seen Amex Offers deals for Delta flights. The latest such offer has just been introduced, and it’s potentially a great deal.
Save $100-125 on a Delta purchase
A new targeted Amex Offers deal has just been rolled out, which offers either a $100 or $125 statement credit (there are two versions) when you spend $300+ on a Delta Air Lines flight. This is valid for purchases through December 31, 2021.
That’s the equivalent of up to 33-42% back on a Delta flight, which is awesome. There are some basic conditions to this offer that are worth being aware of:
- You need to spend $300, but it can be in multiple transactions
- If you make a flight purchase, the flight must be operated by Delta, and must be booked directly through Delta, whether on the website, app, or by phone
- If you make a flight purchase, the flight must originate in the United States, and be charged in USD
- You must book by December 31, 2021, though there’s no need to actually travel by then
- The offer is valid for the purchase of airfare, upgrades, seat selection fees, baggage fees, standby fees, and Delta SkyClub memberships
- The offer excludes purchases of onboard food, beverages, and Wi-Fi, standalone hotel bookings and car rentals through delta.com, purchases through third parties or affiliated agents, Delta Vacations, Delta Dive, Delta Cargo, On Demand Charter services, Delta Flight Museum, Delta SkyMiles Marketplace purchases, SkyMiles experiences, SkyMiles Cruises, Delta Meeting Network, gift card purchases, and charitable donations
Ideally you’ll see this offer on the Amex Platinum
It’s possible you’ll see this offer on several cards, though ideally you’ll have it on The Platinum Card® from American Express (review). That’s because the card offers 5x Membership Rewards points on airfare. I value Membership Rewards points at 1.7 cents each, so to me that’s the equivalent of an 8.5% return on spending right there.
When you add up both the $100-125 statement credit and 5x points, you’re potentially looking at getting almost half off on $300 worth of spending on Delta. I continue to be so impressed by how much value Amex Offers adds to Amex cards, as in many cases these offers alone more than justify the annual fees on cards.
There’s a new targeted Amex Offers deal that can save you $100-125 on a Delta purchase. This is an excellent deal, and when you factor in the statement credit and value of points, this can potentially get you nearly half off a $300 Delta purchase.
If you have any upcoming travel to plan, be sure to check your Amex account to see if you’re eligible for this offer.
Were you targeted for this offer, and if so, do you plan on taking advantage of it?