The Amex Offers program is off to a great start for 2021. Earlier I wrote about how the Amex Platinum seems to be offering up to $200 worth of stuff at Best Buy and Home Depot.
If you have Amex small business cards, there’s one new offer that could prove particularly valuable. There’s a new Amex Offers deal that could get you up to $250 cash back. With this offer:
- Get a $25 statement credit by using your card to spend a minimum of $500 in one transaction
- You can use this offer up to 10 times, for a total of up to $250 in savings
- The offer is valid through June 30, 2021
- Registration is required
I’m told that this offer should be available to all small business cardmembers. For example, all Blue Business Plus Credit Card from American Express (review) accounts that I manage show this offer.
This incredible no annual fee card (Rates & Fees) offers 2x Membership Rewards points on the first $50,000 spent every calendar year (1x after that), so the timing of this offer is great, since I’m just taking this card out of the sock drawer for the year (since I stop using it when I reach $50,000 in spending annually).
You’re potentially looking at up to an 8.4% return on spending on this card with the offer, assuming you’re spending in the right increments (which is tough, admittedly):
- $25 back on $500 worth of spending is the equivalent of 5% cash back
- I value Membership Rewards points at 1.7 cents each, so to me the card offers a 3.4% return
- Combine those two, and you’re looking at an 8.4% return, though again, most people won’t be able to maximize this exactly
There’s a new Amex Offers deal for $25 back when you spend $500, and you can use that up to 10 times. This is an incredible offer that you’ll want to register for ASAP.
Around the beginning of the year I use the Blue Business Plus Card for my everyday business spending. While all of my spending won’t be in $500 increments (that’s just not practical), I’ll no doubt at least earn some cash back this way. I’ll also be more cognizant of my transaction amounts, and if there are opportunities to have transactions around the $500 mark, you can bet I’ll try to structure things that way.
Do you plan on taking advantage of this new Amex Offers deal on small business cards?
The following links will direct you to the rates and fees for mentioned American Express Cards. These include: The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express (Rates & Fees).