Update: These offers for the CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard® and the Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite™ Mastercard® have expired. Learn more about the current offers here.
In the interest of full disclosure, One Mile At A Time earns a referral bonus for anyone that’s approved through some of the below links. These are the best publicly available offers that we have found for each card. Please check out our advertiser policy for further details about the partners we work with. Thanks for your support!
Barclays has just introduced the new AAdvantage Aviator Business Mastercard, which is the business version of the AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard. The new business card has a sign-up bonus of 40,000 AAdvantage miles after the first purchase, and a $95 annual fee. Meanwhile the personal version of the card, which has been around for a long time, has a sign-up bonus of 60,000 AAdvantage miles after the first purchase, and also has a $95 annual fee.
The new AAdvantage Aviator Business Mastercard comes with the following benefits:
- A $99 companion certificate on your account anniversary, when you spend $30,000 or more on eligible purchases during the year
- 2x miles on eligible American Airlines purchases, as well as office supply, telecom, and car rental purchases
- Annual 5% AAdvantage mileage bonus, earned on your account anniversary date every year and based on the total number of miles earned
- First checked bag free for you and up to four companions when traveling on domestic itineraries operated by American
- Preferred boarding for you and up to four companions when traveling on American
- 3,000 elite qualifying dollars when you spend $25,000 on purchases each calendar year
- 25% savings on inflight purchases of food & beverages
- No foreign transaction fees
It’s great to see a business product from Barclays that earns American AAdvantage miles. Keep in mind that American is also offering increased sign-up bonuses of up to 60,000 on two of the Citi AAdvantage cards, as follows:
- The Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite™ Mastercard® is offering 60,000 AAdvantage miles after making $3,000 of purchases within the first three months; the $95 annual fee is waived for the first 12 months
- The CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard® is offering 60,000 AAdvantage miles after making $3,000 of purchases within the first three months; the $95 annual fee is waived for the first 12 months
I’m happy to see yet another product from Barclays. A 40,000 mile sign-up bonus after the first purchase is pretty good, though it might make sense to hold off in hopes of them eventually offering a bigger sign-up bonus, similar to what they have on the personal card at the moment.
What do you think of the new Barclays AAdvantage Business Card, and do you plan on applying now or waiting?
(Tip of the hat to Doctor Of Credit)