United Airlines is offering a bonus when you pay now for future travel, but is it worth it? This is the third time that United is offering a promotion on funding your TravelBank since the start of the pandemic.
United Airlines’ 10% bonus TravelBank promo
United Airlines is offering up to a 10% bonus when you add funds to your TravelBank account. For those of you not familiar with TravelBank, this is a way to keep a cash balance attached to your MileagePlus account, which you can redeem towards travel.
The bonus you get depends on how much you fund your account:
- If you add $50 or $100 to your TravelBank, you’ll get a 5% bonus deposit
- If you add $250, $500, $750, or $1,000, to your TravelBank, you’ll get a 10% bonus deposit
There are some restrictions to be aware of with this promotion, though:
- This promotion is valid through 11:59PM CT on Wednesday, December 9, 2020
- The TravelBank balance purchased is valid for five years from the date it’s deposited in your account
- The TravelBank bonus (5-10%) expires 120 days after it’s deposited in your account
- Purchases are non-refundable, and are limited to $1,000 per promotion per MileagePlus account
- TravelBank funds can only be spent for United Airlines flights, and not for flights that include travel on Star Alliance partner airlines
United is offering a bonus when you add TravelBank funds
Is this promotion worth it?
This is the third promotion we’ve seen in recent months for adding a balance to your United TravelBank account. The first promotion offered bonus funds, the second promotion offered bonus MileagePlus miles, and now this is offering bonus funds again.
So, is this promotion worth it? The way I view it, if you have plans to book a United ticket in the next 120 days (so you can use the 5-10% bonus credit before it expires), then it could be a great deal.
I’d say it’s definitely worth going for the 10% bonus over the 5% bonus. At the same time, I wouldn’t necessarily be fronting a whole lot of cash here if I didn’t have plans to travel on United in the coming months, since a 10% return isn’t that great if you’re essentially loaning money to United for years.
This promotion could be well worth it if you fly United often
United is offering up to a 10% bonus on funding your TravelBank. In other words, if you add $1,000 to your TravelBank, you could get a $100 bonus to use within 120 days. I’d say this could be worth it if you think you’ll be booking a paid flight on United in the coming months.
Does anyone plan on taking advantage of this TravelBank promo?