Last week I shared all the details of the new Uber Visa Card that’s being issued by Barclaycard. The card is pretty compelling, and we knew that they’d start accepting applications for the card as of November 2, 2017.
Well, it’s now November 2, 2017, and applications for the Uber Visa Card are now live. If you’ve been wanting to apply for the card, you can now do so. For all the details I’d recommend checking out the previous post, but I’ll just briefly recap what makes this card compelling. On the most basic level, the card:
- Has sign-up bonus of $100 after spending $500 on purchases in the first 90 days
- Has no annual fee
- Has no foreign transaction fees
- Offers 4% back on dining, 3% back on hotels and airfare, 2% back on online purchases, and 1% back on everything else (you can earn this as cash
There are some other perks that some may find valuable, including:
- A $50 credit for online subscriptions after you spend $5,000 or more on your card per year
- Mobile phone damage or theft protection of up to $600, when you pay your cell phone bill with the Uber Visa Card
So this isn’t a card I’d use for everyday spend (since you can do better than earning 1% cash back), but having a no annual fee card with no foreign transaction fees that offers 4% back on dining is really compelling, and is a reason to consider getting this card.
As I’ve said before, the only aspect of this card that I find strange is that it’s affiliated with Uber. Rewards can be redeemed for cash back, and there’s not even a generous bonus category for Uber spend. You’d think they would have done more to incorporate Uber into the core product offering. Ultimately it doesn’t bother me one bit, since the card is lucrative in ways I wasn’t expecting.
Do you plan on picking up the Uber Visa Card?