TAP Air Portugal has just launched what has the potential to be a really generous promotion. Specifically, TAP Air Portugal is offering 50% off both economy and business class fares.
The basic restrictions are as follows:
- You must book at flytap.com February 8-10, 2019
- You must commence outbound travel by February 28, 2019, and complete all travel by March 31, 2019
- Airport taxes and fees are not included in the discount
- These tickets can’t be changed
The biggest restriction here is that you need to commence travel in the coming weeks, though other than that, this is an incredible promotion, given that the 50% discount applies to all fare types.
To take advantage of this promotion just book on flytap.com using promotion code TP50, TAP50, or MEGAPROMO50 (I’m not sure why they have three different codes, but…).
Now here’s the problem. As of now these discount codes aren’t working, at least as far as I can tell. I don’t get how they can launch this promo but not have the codes working correctly.
Still, I think it’s worth writing about the promo now for anyone who already wants to start looking at flights, so that you’re ready to book when the promo goes live.
There are many things to love about TAP Air Portugal, including that:
- They publish great one-way transatlantic fares, which is rare since most airlines charge a significant premium for just booking one-way
- They allow free stopovers in Portugal for up to three days if you’re connecting to a medium or longhaul flight, which is a great way to visit two locations for the price of one
I write all the time about the great fares they publish, especially from Europe to the US. The catch is that most of these have a significant advance purchase requirement, so I’m not seeing any of those great fares for travel starting in February.
There are still some good fares, though, like a $1,900 roundtrip ticket from Sao Paulo to Lisbon in business class:
Or a $2,600 roundtrip business class ticket from New York to Stockholm:
This is before any discounts, so when you factor in the discounts you’re looking at sub-$1,000 tickets from South America to Lisbon, and sub-$1,400 tickets from the US to Europe, which is great.
Hopefully the promotion goes live soon…