Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.
While anyone can comment on regular blog post, registration is required in order to post a question in this space. Creating your account is free, and you'll be able to see when your question is answered, as well as like comments from other users. And of course, you'll earn status points for offering helpful answers!
This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so please jump in and share tips!
Strategy for summer family trip – recommendations?
Hi Ben (and readers) !
I am a loyal reader of the blog, and keep returning for the entertaining and valuable info. Thank you for publishing!
My challenge for the next few weeks is to figure out a strategy for our upcoming family vacation (in July 2016). We want to visit Israel, from SFO/SJC, and we want to have, at least for the long haul flight, the best flight experience (fully flat beds come to mind).
Tools at our disposal:
– about 100K “ultimate rewards” points from chase.
– 130K BA Avios in our household account
– a modest budget (we don’t want to spend more than $8K)
– an AARP membership (thanks to this site!)
– Time (till July)
– we are four, finding reward space for this amount of people is challenging
– July is not a “cheap month” so to speak, and we missed the BA sale of Nov.
any advice welcome