Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.
While anyone can comment on regular blog post, registration is required in order to post a question in this space. Creating your account is free, and you'll be able to see when your question is answered, as well as like comments from other users. And of course, you'll earn status points for offering helpful answers!
This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so please jump in and share tips!
Expert Flyer – British Airways/American Airlines
Is it possible to create an alert on Expert Flyer for business class award availability on an AA flight thru British Airways?
Just to be sure we understand – you want to book an AA flight using Avios so you want to be sure there’s partner award space available?
[QUOTE=”MidSouth Skier, post: 49964, member: 184″]Just to be sure we understand – you want to book an AA flight using Avios so you want to be sure there’s partner award space available?[/QUOTE]
That’s correct. Or more specifically, create an alert for if and when the space becomes available.
I don’t know that AA has a bucket for partner awards, in which case you’d just use the regular saver award categories but maybe someone else knows better than I do.
If AA makes an award available, it’s available to all partners. Just create a normal Flight Alert for the operating airlines award inventory.
In the future, please email us directly at customercare -at- expertflyer.com for a timely response to any ExpertFlyer question.
Thanks! After finally getting comfortable with the different fare codes and how to search for space I can absolutely see why ExpertFlyer has such an amazing reputation.
After more than a week of not seeing any award space open up in Business Class, I finally saw upgrade space available for an itinerary that worked with our schedules. Not wanting to miss out on it, I called it in and paid cash for the economy tickets plus 15,000 AA miles for an upgrade to Business.
I feel great knowing that I saved about $2000, but I later realized I could have purchased the economy tickets (same fare code) with my Chase CSR UR pts. The agent I booked the tickets with mumbled something about not being able to do this upgrade online, I unfortunately didn’t ask her what she meant.
Is it possible to put a hold on upgrade fares? That would have given me time and a sense of security to have purchased the coach tickets with Chase and then call in for the upgrade.