Questions and Answers

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

While anyone can comment on regular blog post, registration is required in order to post a question in this space. Creating your account is free, and you'll be able to see when your question is answered, as well as like comments from other users. And of course, you'll earn status points for offering helpful answers!

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so please jump in and share tips!

Filter by:

Chase BA 10% Discount – Credit to AAdvantage?

1

Daily Emails?

2

QR Lounge access transiting Doha from First to Business

2

Site Feedback

Hot topic, get involved
32

Transiting LHR on a BA First Class/Club Europe Ticket

2

Newsletter

2

How do I deal w extra seat reservation?

3

Password Change

2

TPA-MIA

1

Lifemiles for families

2

Ask a Question

Everyone can read and comment, but you must login to post a new comment.

Answers (3)

change one leg of Amex reservation

change one leg of Amex reservation

  1. Anonymous

    Made reservations through Amex Travel. CLE-ORD-ZRH-TLV.
    Initially the only option was a 1245 flight to ORD, arriving at 111.
    ORD to ZRH leaves at 245.
    Now there is an option for an 1115 flight to ORD.
    Can’t change the reservation without paying the $300 fee and the ticket price which has increased over 60% in the past few weeks. Five tickets.
    I think that I’m cutting it too close.
    Any options for changing that first flight from CLE to ORD?
    Thanks for any advice.

  2. Wally Toshiba

    Sorry, I’m really new to this.
    Last month, I booked 5 tickets from CLE-ORD-ZRH-TLV for late June through Amex travel.
    Flight from CLE to ORD arrives at 111 and the flight from ORD to ZRH leaves at 245.
    Not a lot of time.
    Now on Amex travel, there is a very similar schedule with a flight from CLE to ORD arriving at 1115.
    However, I’d have to cancel the flights, pay the much higher price and $300/per flight fee.

    Any advice as to how I could fix this, or was I just an idiot?
    Flights to ORD from CLE still are even less than the fee to chance.
    I appreciate any thoughts.
    Thanks.

  3. Gaurav

    Hi Wally welcome. I wouldn’t be so hard on yourself. We all have to make decisions based on what we know at the time. You booked the best option available. There is no guarantee that this better option would have become available or be reasonably priced because of the opaqueness of airline pricing. If the change fees are not palatable to you I would leave the itinerary as is and keep an eye on it for schedule changes. If one happens you might be able to make the adjustment you are looking for. You could also ask at checkin once the airline has control over the ticket whether they can put you on the earlier flight (long shot but can’t hurt to ask). Worst case scenario on a single ticket the airline should take care of you if you misconnect because of a delay that they are responsible for. Good luck.

Sign in to help answer questions.