Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.
While anyone can comment on regular blog post, registration is required in order to post a question in this space. Creating your account is free, and you'll be able to see when your question is answered, as well as like comments from other users. And of course, you'll earn status points for offering helpful answers!
This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so please jump in and share tips!
CAIRO Visa on Arrival as US Citizen
I question about Visa on Arrival for holders of a US passport. I’m wondering about the time and mechanics of it.
1) I’m proposing to land about 630am – will the process take long – typically?
2) I understand the fee is $25USD. Can I pay by credit card – or do I have to pay by cash?
3) Do they accept USD for payment – or Eygptian Pounds only? If EPG then – is there an ATM prior to the VISA window?
Thanks in advance,
1) Nope, just a few minutes. There’s no additional paperwork other than your landing card.
2) Has to be cash
3) They want USD specifically, though the prices are listed in other currencies as well. You actually buy the visa sticker from the bank/change bureaus before immigration.