Questions and Answers

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

While anyone can comment on regular blog post, registration is required in order to post a question in this space. Creating your account is free, and you'll be able to see when your question is answered, as well as like comments from other users. And of course, you'll earn status points for offering helpful answers!

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so please jump in and share tips!

Filter by:

Emirates downgraded flight

Can you help?
0

Alaska Airline Miles – British Airways First Class

2

ANA Mileage Club – Can’t book a ticket for my partner?

1

Mixed class itineraries no longer available on JAL using Alaska Miles

2

LH First award space on partner airlines missing

1

ORD to Italy in style!!

7

recommendation to use amex points

2

Asiana Redemption 2022 x KAL Acquisition

2

IC bora bora 4 night up for grab

1

Newbie searching flights to Thailand with Miles

2

Ask a Question

Everyone can read and comment, but you must login to post a new comment.

Answers (4)

Roundtrip Booking, 1 year away

Roundtrip Booking, 1 year away

  1. Dbmcubs21

    First time poster here and thanks in advance for any help.
    Wife and I are planning a trip to Europe next summer (2018). I am hoping to fly United saver business class (Have accumulated good stash of United miles) for 57.5k each way along with taking advantage of the excursionist feature for an intra Europe flight.
    My question is this: if I am looking for award space as soon as it becomes available this summer, do I need to wait until the return date is less than a year out? Or can I somehow book the outbound flight first and wait three weeks to book return leg? I want to do Multi City roundtrip booking to take advantage of excursion perk, but I also don’t want to lose out on saver availability for outbound flight. We are very flexible on flight dates with the ability to leave any time between May and mid July. Planning to be there 3.5 weeks.
    Thanks

  2. MidSouthSkier

    *bump*

  3. David W

    Youre going to have to wait until the return date becomes available for booking. You could book now with placeholder dates and pay fees to change when your actual date becomes available though.

  4. Anonymous

    Unless you have zero flexibility or elite status that would waive the change fees I would wait and book it all at once. Airlines don’t load all their award inventory right when the schedule opens, and if you’re booking 10 months out you should still have plenty of options.

Sign in to help answer questions.