Several months ago Hilton and Lyft launched a new partnership, allowing Hilton Honors members to earn bonus points for Lyft reads.
How The Hilton & Lyft Partnership Works
With this partnership you have to link your Hilton Honors and Lyft accounts at hiltonhonorslyft.com. You’ll then automatically earn points whenever you take a Lyft ride, with the following points earning structure:
- Earn three Hilton Honors points per dollar spent on Lyft rides
- Earn two Hilton Honors points per dollar spent on Lyft shared rides
- You can earn points for up to $10,000 of Lyft spend per year
New Promo: Earn 1,000 Bonus Hilton Points
Hilton has just informed me of a new promotion that has been launched for those who haven’t yet taken advantage of this partnership.
Between October 3 and November 15, 2019, those who link their Hilton Honors and Lyft accounts and complete an eligible Lyft ride will receive 1,000 Hilton Honors points.
Here are some terms to be aware of:
- Hilton Honors members who have linked accounts prior to the start of the promotion (12:01AM ET on October 3, 2019) are not eligible
- Valid for Lyft rides in the US and Canada, including Lyft, Lyft XL, Lyft Black XL, Lux, Lux Black and Lyft Shared
- You can only earn the 1,000 bonus points once
- Bonus points will post within four weeks of the promotion period end date
I value Hilton Honors points at ~0.5 cents each, so to me this is like an incremental $5 return on a Lyft ride. Beyond that, though, this is a good motivator to actually get registered. The partnership between Hilton and Lyft is a good one, and there’s no reason not to take advantage of this.
The only downside to this promotion is that it excludes those who were already registered for the partnership before this promotion.