In early April, Chase introduced the IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card, which is the new premium co-brand IHG credit card being issued by Chase.
There’s some great news when it comes to this card — Chase has just increased the welcome bonus on the card from 80,000 points to 100,000 points upon completing minimum spend. The card bonus is now structured as follows:
- Earn 100,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add your first authorized user and make your first purchase in the first three months from account opening
You’re not eligible for this card if you currently have the card, or if you’ve received a new cardmember bonus on the card in the past 24 months. However, if you had the old version of the IHG Card you are still eligible for this card, as you can have both of them. Furthermore, this card isn’t subjected to Chase’s 5/24 rule, meaning that you’re eligible even if you’ve opened five or more new card accounts in the past 24 months.
The IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card carries some unique benefits, including:
- An anniversary free night certificate on your account anniversary every year, valid at any property that retails for up to 40,000 IHG Rewards Club points per night
- A fourth night free on award bookings; when you redeem points for a consecutive four night stay, you only have to redeem points for the cost of the first three nights
- IHG Rewards Club Platinum status for as long as you have the card
- 20% off when you purchase IHG Rewards Club points (this doesn’t apply during promotions, so this is of limited use)
- A TSA Pre-Check or Global Entry fee credit every four years
Use the fourth night free credit card benefit at the InterContinental Fiji
This is an excellent welcome bonus that’s better than the bonus we saw when the card was introduced. Furthermore, this is a card that’s worth keeping long term, in particular for the anniversary free night certificate and the fourth night free on award redemptions, both of which are perks that more than justify the annual fee on the IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card, in my opinion.