We’re increasingly seeing hotels offer promotions to incentivize future stays, and Fairmont has come out with a fantastic promotion for their North America properties. I first wrote about this a couple of days ago, but they’ve now added two more US properties to the list, so I wanted to provide an update.
Fairmont’s “Stay Close” promo
Fairmont is offering a great promotion whereby you can get a free night for every night you book for a stay this year at your choice of seven properties. This promotion is valid at the following properties:
- The Fairmont Austin (book by June 30, 2020)
- The Fairmont Banff Springs (book by June 15, 2020)
- The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise (book by June 15, 2020)
- The Fairmont Chateau Whistler (book by June 15, 2020)
- The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge (book by June 15, 2020)
- The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess (book by June 30, 2020)
- The Fairmont Washington D.C. Georgetown (book by June 21, 2020)
There are some terms to be aware of:
- You need to stay by December 31, 2020
- A deposit is required for the full cost of the stay, though it’s fully refundable, typically until seven days before arrival (I should point out that some hotels are playing games with refunds and claiming they’re not able to do so now, but I’d hope that’s not the case here)
- You can book back-to-back stays with this offer, should you want to stay longer
- The promotion can’t be combined with other offers, promotions, or packages
- Some blackout dates apply
- You can either have the second night free, or receive a complimentary second room on the same night (you’ll need to contact individual properties to take advantage of the latter option)
This promotion is as good as it sounds
Often when hotels run BOGO promotions there’s a huge catch, as they inflate the rate significantly, before comping the second night. That’s truly not the case with this promotion, as the promo rate is half of the standard rate in two night increments.
For example, pulling up random dates at the Fairmont Banff Springs you’ll see that the standard rate is 659CAD per night, while the promo rate is 329CAD per night.
The only catch is that you have to pre-pay your stay with this promotion, though the deposit is fully refundable, typically up to seven days before arrival.
Note that the rates shown already factor in the second night free, so expect the displayed nightly rate to be 50% of the standard rate.
I’m really tempted…
I’m so temped by this promotion, because the Fairmont Banff Springs and Fairmont Lake Louise have been on my bucket list for so long. The properties and area look gorgeous.
The problem is that I’m not sure if this is realistic for 2020. The border between the US and Canada is closed for non-essential travel through June 21, 2020, as there has just been a further 30 day extension. That could be extended well beyond that. That doesn’t even account for the question of whether one should travel between the US and Canada in the coming months.
Then again, the rate is refundable, so I’m tempted to make a speculative booking for later in the year and hope for the best.
Fairmont has a fantastic buy one get one free offer for four properties in Canada and three properties in the US. While you do have to pre-pay your stay, the deposit is supposed to be fully refundable, typically up to seven days before arrival.
Anyone plan on taking advantage of this great Fairmont promotion?
(Tip of the hat to Frequent Flyer Bonuses)