Hawaiian Airlines has just launched a promotion on gift cards, which is perhaps the best case scenario when it comes to airline promotions, since you can get a perk for spending money with the airline without committing to any specific travel.
Hawaiian Airlines has offered this promotion a couple of times in the past during the pandemic, and it’s back again for Black Friday.
In this post:
Hawaiian Airlines’ gift card promotion
Through Friday, November 26, 2021, Hawaiian Airlines is offering 5x HawaiianMiles per dollar spent on digital gift cards. This is potentially a solid promotion:
- Hawaiian Airlines gift cards don’t expire
- In order to be eligible you must purchase a minimum of $250 worth of gift cards, and you must provide your nine digit HawaiianMiles number during the purchase process
- Each member is limited to 20,000 bonus miles, so that translates to $4,000 worth of gift cards
- Miles will post within four to six weeks of an eligible purchase
- Gift cards are only redeemable at hawaiianairlines.com for ticket purchases, Extra Comfort and Preferred seats, mileage award redemption fees, and purchasing miles
- Gift cards can’t be redeemed for vacation packages, bag fees, ticket change fees, first class upgrade fees, merchandise, and inflight purchases
Is this gift card promo worth it?
If you fly Hawaiian Airlines with any frequency then this could represent a good deal. Personally I don’t particularly value HawaiianMiles — I think they’re worth about a cent each, so to me that’s like a 5% return on gift card purchases.
That doesn’t account for the value you’d get from credit card spending, or the miles you’d actually earn when you fly.
I suppose this is better than nothing, though this is probably a case where I’d rather hold onto my cash. Of course Hawaiian frequent flyers may feel otherwise.
Hawaiian Airlines is offering 5x miles on the first $4,000 in gift cards that you purchase. For someone who flies Hawaiian Airlines frequently this could be a good deal.
Do you plan on taking advantage of Hawaiian Airlines’ gift card promo?
(Tip of the hat to Frequent Flyer Bonuses)