2020 is an exciting year for Amex Centurion Lounges, as a total of six new lounges are expected to join Amex’s network.
Amex Centurion Lounge Charlotte
In this post I wanted to specifically talk about the Amex Centurion Lounge Charlotte, which will be opening in just a few days.
Centurion Lounge opens Monday
While this lounge was first announced back in 2018, it will finally become a reality shortly.
The Amex Centurion Lounge Charlotte will be opening as of Monday, February 24, 2020. This will be the 11th Centurion Lounge to join Amex’s network.
Charlotte Douglas International Airport is one of the biggest airports in the US, with 46 million passengers per year, so it’s a logical place for Amex to expand to.
Centurion Lounge size & capacity
The Centurion Lounge Charlotte will be more than 13,000 square feet, with seating for more than 250 people. This makes it one of the larger Centurion Lounges.
Centurion Lounge location & hours
The lounge will be located after security on the top floor of the airport’s newly expanded “The Plaza” area, between Concourses D & E. The lounge will be open daily from 5:30AM until 10PM.
Centurion Lounge dining
The lounge’s Executive Chef will be Joe Kindred, who is the chef and owner of Kindred in Davidson, NC, and Hello, Sailor in Cornelius, NC.
Here are a few of the items you can expect on the menu:
Buttermilk Fried Chicken with a fresh and tangy Carolina slaw, Grilled Cauliflower Steak topped with a pistou sauce, Milk Bread French Toast using Kindred’s infamous milk bread, and Country Ham Biscuits spread with a red eye sorghum butter.
Centurion Lounge amenities
You can expect the following amenities at the Centurion Lounge Charlotte:
- A complimentary full bar with custom cocktails created by renowned mixologist Jim Meehan and wines selected by wine authority, Anthony Giglio
- A custom mural by local artist, Amanda Moody
- Shower suites to keep travelers refreshed while on the go
- Family rooms designed as a respite for parents and kids alike
- Floor-to-ceiling windows with sweeping airfield and downtown skyline views
- Essentials for business and leisure travelers alike, including dedicated workspaces, power outlets, private phone areas, comfortable seating and access to high-speed Wi-Fi
Centurion Lounge pictures
Here are some pictures American Express has shared of the new Centurion Lounge Charlotte:
Centurion Lounge access
There are a few ways to access Amex Centurion Lounges:
- Those with The Platinum Card® from American Express (review) and The Business Platinum Card® from American Express (review) can access Centurion Lounges with two guests when departing on any airline
- Those with the Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card (review) and Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card can access Centurion Lounges when departing on Delta
In all cases, Centurion Lounge access is limited to three hours before departure. The exception is if you’re connecting, in which case you can access the lounge earlier (should your connection be more than three hours).
On top of that, those with the Amex Centurion Card can access Centurion Lounges, and they can use the lounges on departure or arrival, with no time limit.
Centurion Lounge Charlotte bottom line
It’s exciting to see that Charlotte is getting a new Centurion Lounge on Monday. The airport desperately needs more lounge capacity, so this will be a much needed improvement for the airport.
Anyone excited to check out the Centurion Lounge Charlotte?