This is an extremely generous offer, though it comes with some major restrictions.
Starting today, California residents who enroll in Alaska Mileage Plan can receive a discount code valid for a flight to anywhere Alaska flies within California for just the cost of taxes and fees:
- This is valid for the first 25,000 California residents who sign-up for the Mileage Plan program, or through March 3, 2021, whichever comes first
- Those who successfully enroll through this link will receive a discount code valid for a flight to anywhere Alaska Airlines flies within California for just the cost of taxes and fees, which start at $15 one-way; this is valid one-way or roundtrip
- Eligible members will receive an email on March 5, 2021, with instructions on how to book, as the flight will need to be booked by March 7, 2021
- Travel will need to take place between March 29 and May 26, 2021, and only travel on Mondays through Thursdays qualifies
- If you need to change your flight you’ll forfeit the discount code
Residents of California who enroll in Alaska Mileage Plan can receive a code for a free roundtrip ticket within California, and they’ll just be on the hook for taxes and fees.
This is an incredible offer, assuming you feel comfortable traveling in the coming months. The catch is that there’s a limited period where you can book your ticket, you can only travel Mondays through Thursdays, and you can’t change your ticket. In the coronavirus era those are some pretty major restrictions.
Beyond that, all of this assumes that you’re not an Alaska Mileage Plan member. I assume most OMAAT readers are members.
Are any California residents able to take advantage of this great deal?