Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.
While anyone can comment on regular blog post, registration is required in order to post a question in this space. Creating your account is free, and you'll be able to see when your question is answered, as well as like comments from other users. And of course, you'll earn status points for offering helpful answers!
This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so please jump in and share tips!
Quick question since it’s urgent: I am flying to HND from SFO tomorrow in JAL F, I used AA miles to book it.
1. How to obtain the record locator for JAL? I went to AA website and didn’t see it.
Also can I check in online in AA website if I don’t know the record locator for JAL but have record locator for AA?
2. I plan to arrive 4 hours early at SFO to take advantage of trying different lounge – lounge hopping – such as BA, Cathay, and JAL lounges in international terminal before boarding. Being that JAL counter doesn’t open until 1 hour prior to boarding and my boarding is midnight 1 am so I risk of not being able to try the BA and Cathay lounges since they will closed at that time, so what is my option or work around for this? print the boarding pass at home? or do they have a kiosk there for self-print boarding pass?
3. Does the FA in F class can know if I am not revenue passenger and got into F class by redeeming miles (award seat)?
Thanks a lot!
@ John —
1) Call American and they can give it to you. You can check in online potentially on JAL’s website, and not American’s.
2) If you can do online check-in then yet, that would work. But the counter definitely opens more than one hour before boarding. Typically airline counters open at least 3.5 hours before departure.
3) It varies by airline. I believe JAL does show that. But I wouldn’t expect lesser service as a result.