Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.
While anyone can comment on regular blog post, registration is required in order to post a question in this space. Creating your account is free, and you'll be able to see when your question is answered, as well as like comments from other users. And of course, you'll earn status points for offering helpful answers!
This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so please jump in and share tips!
Postpone or cancel Tambo del inka booking withpoints
I booked Tambo del inka with 40K Marriott points for end of May 2020. I can’t travel to Peru on that time because of Covid 19. Tambo del Inka is now category 6 and requires 60K Marriott points. If I move my booking to 2021, what are my options to take advantage of my present booking with 40K marriott points. Do I need to cancel and rebook with category 6 points (60K marriott Points?)
The policy is your rate is locked in at the 40k, but if you need to change your dates, you are bound by the new rate. It may worth calling and asking for an exception given the COVID-19 situation, but I wouldn’t be overly optimistic, unfortunately. Maybe there will be a pointsavers right to get a slight discount?