Questions and Answers

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

While anyone can comment on regular blog post, registration is required in order to post a question in this space. Creating your account is free, and you'll be able to see when your question is answered, as well as like comments from other users. And of course, you'll earn status points for offering helpful answers!

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so please jump in and share tips!

Filter by:

AA Flagship First Check In LAX


Global Entry Conditional Approval

Can you help?

Chase BA 10% Discount – Credit to AAdvantage?


Daily Emails?


QR Lounge access transiting Doha from First to Business


Site Feedback

Hot topic, get involved

Transiting LHR on a BA First Class/Club Europe Ticket




How do I deal w extra seat reservation?


Password Change


Ask a Question

Everyone can read and comment, but you must login to post a new comment.

Answers (2)

Possible Air Italy Refund Fiasco

Possible Air Italy Refund Fiasco

  1. jckbs

    So I booked my parents to fly Air Italy MXP-LAX in September for their anniversary as a return flight back to the states.

    I transferred Avios to BA from Amex and the ticket ended up being a pretty good deal for a direct flight from Italy to the US, something like 93k avios per person in business plus a not entirely unreasonable amount in taxes.

    With today’s announcement of Air Italy ceasing operations, I’m a little worried as to how I’ll manage refunding/rebooking them in a cost-efficient manner. I assume the avios and taxes will be refunded by either BA or Air Italy but I’m not sure by whom specifically? Would there be any recourse if I were to call BA and ask for them to be rebooked MXP-LHR-LAX on BA metal?

    Any experiences with something similar to this would be appreciated. Willing to transfer over some more Amex miles to BA if need be to get them rebooked but would be ideal if I could just work within the original amount outlayed for the reservation.

  2. rickyw

    Sorry for your situation! I’d be proactive and be on the phone with the airlines now. I can only imagine how long the wait may be to reach an agent. I think contacting both BA and Air Italy would be best – you never know who may have the ideal outcome first.

    Also, even though this “guide” is comically short, there is some decent advice:


Sign in to help answer questions.