Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.
While anyone can comment on regular blog post, registration is required in order to post a question in this space. Creating your account is free, and you'll be able to see when your question is answered, as well as like comments from other users. And of course, you'll earn status points for offering helpful answers!
This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so please jump in and share tips!
Just rode Korean Air F 2.0 (747-8i)
Totally awesome! I think lucky should review it as it’s different enough from the old product. Tons more privacy, tons more room.
A couple of questions though:
– No caviar service out of JFK at midnight. Is this because it’s a night flight? I ran into this on Emirates a380 first leaving dxb at night too.
– was told no champaign at all on the ground in NYC. Was offered water.
– Korean air first lounge in Seoul is pretty crappy. No champaign until 11am. And the white wine available costs $16 per bottle.
– ordered champagne when I boarded in Seoul and they had to chill it first. Seriously, it seemed like I was the first person ever to order champaign in first!
– was strange to have no dine on demand or snack options. 14 hour flight from NYC and all you get is lunch and dinner. Just sort of strange that there aren’t options.
– although I am getting pretty fat (see last comment), they handed me xxl pjs. Thinking they were out of their minds, I handed them back for xl’s. Ended up with the doubles. I’m big, but not THAT big.
– on the plus side with the champaign, they had a special “Blanc de Blanc” bottle for NYC and Paris routes, and it was REALLY good. I looked it up afterwards and looks like it retails for $300+ per bottle.
I realize all my comments are about eating enough food and drinking enough booze. So yeah, I get it.