Questions and Answers

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

While anyone can comment on regular blog post, registration is required in order to post a question in this space. Creating your account is free, and you'll be able to see when your question is answered, as well as like comments from other users. And of course, you'll earn status points for offering helpful answers!

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so please jump in and share tips!

Filter by:

How do Airlines Rank Passengers

2

Hotels and families

1

Global Entry Renewal – Applicaton -> New Card = 7 Days

1

UA first responder discount?

2

Alitalia shutting down – now what?

2

Digital nomading

1

New Qatar Transit Policy?

1

USA Accept Antigen Test For Re-Entry

1

Contacts requested, if possible, to launch a complaint.

1

European interstates travelling from the US?

2

Ask a Question

Everyone can read and comment, but you must login to post a new comment.

Answers (2)

Future Cat 9, 1 week Marriott stay

Future Cat 9, 1 week Marriott stay

  1. Anonymous

    I have reserved (but not paid points yet) a 1 week stay at the Marriott in Aruba in February. This is a category 9 hotel that as for now requires a 45000 point per night stay. Including the 5 night for free, the total points would be 270,000 Marriott points or 90000 SPG.

    My dilemma is what is the best way to pay for this stay since I dont know where this category will map in the new award chart in the future. Should I pay now the 90000 points? Should I buy a Fly and hotel package now for a category 9 and apply it right now? Should I buy a lesser category package (7 or 8) and hope the certificate will be good for that hotel? Should I wait and see what happens after august?
    Thanks

  2. David W

    Marriott has said that if you buy a cert now and dont have a booking made by August 1 (even for a later stay), they will cancel the cert and refund the points to your account.

    I’d probably book the stay now. Come August 1st, I think you may be able to cancel and rebook if it costs less points then. If it costs MORE, they wont make you pay the difference unless you are making changes.

Sign in to help answer questions.