Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.
While anyone can comment on regular blog post, registration is required in order to post a question in this space. Creating your account is free, and you'll be able to see when your question is answered, as well as like comments from other users. And of course, you'll earn status points for offering helpful answers!
This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so please jump in and share tips!
Alaska Mixed cabin on Emirates – upgrade? Lounge access?
I see a mixed cabin award from JFK to Dubai to Male that I’d like to book. The JFK to Dubai portion is in J, but the Dubai to Male segment is in coach. From a search, it looks like it will be no problem to call up Alaska if I see business class seats open up on the Dubai to Male segment. Worst case, I am okay with sitting in coach for the Dubai to Male portion since the flight isn’t too long and the timing is much better/no need to stay a night in Male if I did JFK – Dubai – Colombo – Male, which has business in all segments.
1) Can I do this online or do I need to call to change? If I call, will this require HUCA?
2) Are there fees involves? Assuming no because I already paid for the seat?
3) Is there a specific fare class/award bucket I need to look for? Sorry, I am not familiar with the terminology.
4) Is there any where else I can look for availability? I am looking on the Alaska site, Emirates and also Qantas. I haven’t set up any alerts on expert flyer yet.
5) If no seats open up, will I still be able too use the business class lounge in Dubai before my Dubai to Male flight since I paid for it already? Assuming no since my boarding pass will be for coach.
Thanks in advance.
1 – should be able to change your ticket online, though if you have issues, calling should work. HUCA or not really depends on the agent you get the first time.
2 – should not have change fees involved. Might have small adjustments to taxes and fees but nothing crazy.
3 – probably, but i’m not sure what fare classes they are
4 – you’re looking at all the right places already.
5 – i wouldnt count on being able to use the lounge but try anyway.