Questions and Answers

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

While anyone can comment on regular blog post, registration is required in order to post a question in this space. Creating your account is free, and you'll be able to see when your question is answered, as well as like comments from other users. And of course, you'll earn status points for offering helpful answers!

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so please jump in and share tips!

Filter by:

Why can’t I book directly with JAL (and oneworld) from Mainland China?


Qatar Airways


Emirates business round trip or first class one way?


US-LHR-US – transit question


Traveling to Italy from the us


Traveling to Turkey and SSSS




Switzerland-France land border control

Can you help?

Transiting Rome airport


United ticketed flight to HNL, layover, Hawaiian flight LIH, 1st class benefits?


Ask a Question

Everyone can read and comment, but you must login to post a new comment.

Answers (3)

Using 2 passports for US/Russia Trip Help

Using 2 passports for US/Russia Trip Help

  1. Anonymous

    I am hoping to avoid the trouble and fee of getting a Russia visa. If anyone has any insight, it’s really appreciated.
    I am in the US with a US passport and HK passport planning a trip to Russia. My HK passport is visa free for Russia. My first names are different in the two passports (due to different languages) so the name I book the flight with will only match one passport. If I book the flight in my HK passport name when I go through Russia customs, it’ll match. But when I return to the US, will customs or airline not allow me on the flight with a different name on the US passport? I do have the document when I got naturalized of the name change.
    I am in a dilemma which name to book the flight under and if the only safe option is to get a Russia visa to avoid customs on either side not allowing to go through. Anyone has any experience utilizing two passports for a round trip?

  2. David W

    Are you sure your hk passport is still valid after becoming a US citizen?

    Your issue isn’t two passports, it’s different names in the passport. Had both passports had the same name you wouldn’t have an issue.

    Can you enter the US with your hk passport?

  3. Owen

    I’m a passenger service agent, your situation is very common with dual citizenship and mismatched names. In my opinion, you should book the ticket with your current US passport, and when entering Russia, provide your HK passport, along with the name change document you received when immigrating to the US

Sign in to help answer questions.