Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.
While anyone can comment on regular blog post, registration is required in order to post a question in this space. Creating your account is free, and you'll be able to see when your question is answered, as well as like comments from other users. And of course, you'll earn status points for offering helpful answers!
This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so please jump in and share tips!
Hey Ben. What are some of your favorite restaurants in New York?
Hah, that’s a great question, though I’m the wrong person to ask. Truth be told I don’t spend that much time in New York anymore, so I’m not sure my favorites are “current” anymore.
Maybe someone else could chime in with their favorites?
I could list a few but it really depends on what your mood is. Here are a few.
1. Il Mulino: (prob one of my fav of all time), the rack of lamb there is insane. They stuff you with “free” apps before you even order.
2. Rao’s: been there once and the place was a blast. The meatballs are really good, and I never eat meatballs outside of my house.
3. Campongnola’s: awesome place uptown, get the zuppa di clams, don’t ask for a menu tell the waiter you want what the chef is in the mood to send.
1. Tao, in midtown. Always a great time food is great, the scene is better and the sake is unfiltered
2. Sakagura, wow! The place is wild it’s in the basement of an office building w/ an insane sake menu. It’s so under the radar, can not wait to go back.
3. Luckyim Thai food truck in wall st area. The best thai, insane dumplings and drunkman noodles. Actually that whole block has very good food trucks but there is a 20 min wait for this truck for a reason.
Just something different: Socarrat paella bar. Awesome food and great place to get apps at the bar. Get the black ink seafood paella, trust me.
That’s it, i’m done.