Questions and Answers

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

While anyone can comment on regular blog post, registration is required in order to post a question in this space. Creating your account is free, and you'll be able to see when your question is answered, as well as like comments from other users. And of course, you'll earn status points for offering helpful answers!

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so please jump in and share tips!

Filter by:

Transiting Rome airport

Can you help?

United ticketed flight to HNL, layover, Hawaiian flight LIH, 1st class benefits?


LAX to ATH on Delta, “Upgrade Certificate not available for this flight”???


Just 1 Non-Stop a Day JFK/DFW?


What would you do?




Experiences from South Pacific in January


First QR flight into KSA airspace in more than 3 years!!


Transfer on 2 separate tickets


Combining tickets


Ask a Question

Everyone can read and comment, but you must login to post a new comment.

Answers (2)

Connecting two different airlines to intl flight at Seattle

Connecting two different airlines to intl flight at Seattle

  1. Anonymous

    My parents are trying to book an award from Spokane, WA to Amman, Jordan on United but there is no space out of Spokane. They are trying to then do a flight from Spokane to Seattle on Alaska Airlines on BA Avios arriving in Seattle at 6am, and their United award would leave Seattle at 8:15am. Would that be enough time to make that connection? Is there some counter they could go to airside and check in for their next flight without having to go out to the ticketing counters and then re clear security? I’ve never done that before, so I was just wondering if it would be realistic for them to make the flight. Thanks!

  2. Anonymous

    Hi Nate,

    In theory that could work, as they may be able to check in for their United flights online. However, that’s a [I]very[/I] tight connection, and those Spokane flights can be delayed due to weather and such.

    If it were my parents, I’d have them fly in the night before, or find another airport where they can have a longer connection.

Sign in to help answer questions.