Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.
While anyone can comment on regular blog post, registration is required in order to post a question in this space. Creating your account is free, and you'll be able to see when your question is answered, as well as like comments from other users. And of course, you'll earn status points for offering helpful answers!
This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so please jump in and share tips!
VS ANA First Class
My name is Luke I’m a big fan! Back in January I booked ANA first class through Virgin Atlantic for this August. I used your posts to help me by the way they were very helpful. This potentially will be my first premium class experience, needless to say I was very excited back when things looked more certain. I am hoping you can offer me advice. I haven’t cancelled or changed anything just yet. I realize that it’s unlikely I will be able to travel to Japan in August so I would ideally like to change the redemption for next spring, most likely a year from now. My big worry is as you know VS might not make it out of this. Would ANA honor the ticket if they don’t? As I said I would probably like to go next May, of course award redemptions aren’t available for next May until this coming June. VS has said if they don’t get a buyer or air by the end of this month that they would enter administration at which point I doubt I would be able to change the flight. Please offer any advice!
PS I’m also a Miami resident!
Just a random guy passing by…
I would say I our best bet probably would be to wait until June/July to decide if you can travel in Aug.
We should know more about fate of VS by then.
Generally, FF miles are accounted after flights are flown so if you rebook your flighy for next May and VS goes under before you fly, your ticket might be in jeopardy.
Agreed with the above – just wait it out for now. No one know what things are going to be like in August. In late June or early July things will be a lot clearer for August travel.
If you know you don’t even want to risk travel in August, then try to rebook for next year whenever you can. If VS doesn’t make it out of this, it won’t really make a difference when your ticket is :).
FYI I’m more or less in the same shoes and have award tickets on ANA through VS, for early 2021 travel. The biggest question is VS survival, then who knows, there might be other waves crippling travel regularly.
Let us know how it goes!
Thank you Kair and Clem for the replies, I will continue to wait until at least next month before I make any moves