Questions and Answers

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

While anyone can comment on regular blog post, registration is required in order to post a question in this space. Creating your account is free, and you'll be able to see when your question is answered, as well as like comments from other users. And of course, you'll earn status points for offering helpful answers!

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so please jump in and share tips!

Filter by:

Emirates downgraded flight

Can you help?
0

Alaska Airline Miles – British Airways First Class

2

ANA Mileage Club – Can’t book a ticket for my partner?

1

Mixed class itineraries no longer available on JAL using Alaska Miles

2

LH First award space on partner airlines missing

1

ORD to Italy in style!!

7

recommendation to use amex points

2

Asiana Redemption 2022 x KAL Acquisition

2

IC bora bora 4 night up for grab

1

Newbie searching flights to Thailand with Miles

2

Ask a Question

Everyone can read and comment, but you must login to post a new comment.

Answers (3)

Booking AA Awards to Europe

Booking AA Awards to Europe

  1. Anonymous

    Hello,

    Is the best way to book AAdvantage Awards to Europe by reserving a 50k business class ticket on a day I don’t want to travel, but with the same route and origin and destination? Then as it gets closer, hope that award space opens up?

    My wife and I are traveling to Paris on June 24th from GSP. We have 100k AAdvantage miles and we’ve booked our return already business class on AA for 100k.

    I see plenty of room on a flight from GSP to PHL and PHL to CDG. But the Award class is business/anytime.

    Should I book now or wait?

    I don’t think AA charges for changing just the date. But I’m not sure if the $75 fee comes into play if I do it less than 21-days out.

    Thanks for helping a newbie out!

  2. Gaurav

    The $75 fee should apply but I’ve had changes go through without it in the past. I think booking on a date other than your ideal is fine as long as you are willing to fly that date. Other than that you’re just making a hedge of $175 to potentially save 15,000 miles because of the devaluation which is also reasonable. If that wasn’t a factor I’d just wait to book when space opens up.

  3. Anonymous

    I’d be more inclined to look for a [I]routing[/I] you don’t prefer rather than a date you don’t prefer. Maybe you can find something that has three or four connections, but is on the correct date?

    That way, if you [I]have[/I] to fly what you’ve ticketed, you’re not messing with your other travel plans.

Sign in to help answer questions.