With the US Open right around the corner, it has been announced that some unique perks will be returning for American Express cardmembers, including the Centurion Suite.
In this post:
Amex Centurion Suite US Open basics
One of the best perks of The Platinum Card® from American Express (review) and The Business Platinum Card® from American Express (review) is access to Centurion Lounges. These lounges are at airports, and are for the most part significantly better than what’s offered by US airlines, as the lounges have complimentary cocktails, hot food, and more.
This year American Express will be bringing its Centurion Suite concept back to the US Open. It’s located within the Louis Armstrong Stadium, and will be a great place to relax and recharge. The Centurion Suite will be bookable by cardmembers in 60-minute slots, and will include a dining experience with bites and cocktails. Reservations will be available through this Resy link:
- For those with the Amex Centurion Card, reservations will be available starting at 9AM EST on August 8
- For those with the Amex Platinum Card, reservations will be available starting at 3PM EST on August 8
Appointments will be available between August 29 and September 7, 2022, and one-hour slots will be bookable. Each cardmember is limited to one entry per day. Platinum cardmembers can reserve for up to three people, while Centurion cardmembers can reserve for up to eight people.
Other American Express US Open benefits
In addition to the Centurion Suite, cardmembers can expect some other US Open themed perks, including:
- Up to a $20 statement credit — with an Amex Offers deal you can get a $20 statement credit when spending $100+ at the US Open with participating merchants
- American Express Shop — at the US Open, an all-new contactless American Express Shop will open at Billie Jean King National Tennis Court
- American Express Card Member Lounge — in addition to the Centurion Suite, there will be an open-air patio space open to all Amex cardmembers so that they can relax and recharge, with the opportunity to purchase food & drinks
- American Express Radio — cardmembers can pick up a radio through the US Open’s cashless vending machines, and the radios have been redesigned to look like the American Express Blue Box logo
American Express will be bringing the Centurion Suite back to the US Open in 2022. Starting in a few days, cardmembers will be able to make reservations for a one-hour slot to enjoy complimentary snacks, and have a place to cool down. On top of that, Amex has some other US Open-themed amenities that cardmembers might find to be valuable.
If you’re going to the US Open this year, do you plan on checking out the Centurion Suite?