The weekend night certificate issued as part of InterContinental Ambassador status just became more useful.
What is InterContinental Ambassador?
IHG has a rather complicated rewards program structure. In addition to the IHG Rewards Club program that covers all of IHG’s brands, InterContinental has its own guest recognition program, called Ambassador.
An Ambassador membership costs $200 annually, and comes with the following perks every time you stay at an InterContinental:
- A guaranteed one category upgrade
- A $20 credit to use towards the hotel’s restaurant and bar
- 4PM late check-out
- Complimentary internet and mineral water
- Complimentary weekend night reward
- IHG Rewards Club Platinum Elite status
Receive a room upgrade as an InterContinental Ambassador member
Weekend night reward now valid at Kimptons
Arguably one of the most valuable perks of InterContinental Ambassador status is a complimentary weekend night reward, since it can more than cover the cost of your membership in one stay. The way this works:
- Pay for one weekend night and receive the second night of your stay free
- You must book the Ambassador Complimentary Weekend Night Rate, which is typically equal to the best flexible rate
- While it’s not valid for suite bookings, you can book other premium rooms and get the second night free
Well, as noted by LoyaltyLobby, the InterContinental weekend night reward is now valid at Kimpton properties globally:
- This is initially only being allowed for a trial period, through December 31, 2021
- It can be used at Kimptons for any days of the week, and not just weekends (for InterContinentals, the same weekday restrictions still apply)
InterContinental Ambassador weekend night certificates can now be redeemed at Kimptons. Unlike at InterContinentals, they can be redeemed for stays any day of the week, at least during this trial program, which goes through the end of 2021.
This adds a lot more flexibility to these certificates, and for many people this may be a reason to join the Ambassador program, since redeeming this certificate could get you more than the $200 registration fee.
Anyone plan on using an InterContinental Ambassador certificate at a Kimpton?