The Amex Offers program sometimes offers savings or bonus points on flight purchases, which can represent a great deal. We’ve just seen a new offer introduced that can save you money on the cost of a JetBlue purchase — this could be a good opportunity.
In this post:
Spend $200+ with JetBlue, save $40
A new targeted Amex Offers deal has just been rolled out, which offers a $40 statement credit when you spend $200+ on a JetBlue flight. This is valid for purchases through November 30, 2023.
That’s the equivalent of up to 20% back on a JetBlue flight (if spending exactly $200), which is awesome. There are some basic conditions to this offer that are worth being aware of:
- You need to spend $200, but it can be in multiple transactions
- You have to make your purchase directly with JetBlue, either via jetblue.com, the JetBlue mobile app, or JetBlue’s call center
- If you make a flight purchase, the flight must originate in the United States, and be charged in USD
- You need to be charged for your flight purchase by November 30, 2023, but there’s no need to actually travel by then
- The offer is valid for purchases with JetBlue and JetBlue Vacations, including inflight purchases, baggage, pets, cancelation and change fees, and business and group travel
Keep in mind that JetBlue no longer has change fees on everything except Blue Basic fares, so you could always book a $200+ ticket, and if your plans change, that balance would stay in your JetBlue Travel Bank.
Ideally you’ll see this offer on the Amex Platinum
It’s possible you’ll see this offer on several cards, though ideally you’ll have it on The Platinum Card® from American Express (review). That’s because the card offers 5x Membership Rewards points on airfare up to $500,000 on flight purchases per calendar year and then 1x. I value Membership Rewards points at 1.7 cents each, so to me that’s the equivalent of an 8.5% return on spending right there.
When you add up both the $40 statement credit and value of the 5x points, you’re potentially looking at getting around 30% back on $200 worth of JetBlue spending. I continue to be so impressed by how much value Amex Offers adds to Amex cards, as in many cases these offers alone more than justify the annual fees on cards.
There’s a new targeted Amex Offers deal that can save you $40 on a JetBlue purchase of $200 or more. This is an excellent deal, and when you factor in the statement credit and value of points, this can potentially get you quite a bit off a JetBlue purchase.
If you have any upcoming travel to plan, be sure to check your Amex account to see if you’re eligible for this offer.
Were you targeted for this offer, and if so, do you plan on taking advantage of it?