For the month of April, Etihad Guest is offering a promotion that can earn you bonus redeemable and elite status miles when you transfer points to the program.
Earn bonus Etihad miles for points transfers
Between April 1 and April 30, 2022, Etihad Guest is offering 40% bonus redeemable miles plus 40% bonus status miles when you transfer points to the program from select partners:
- You must transfer the equivalent of at least 10,000 miles in order to receive a bonus
- Once miles are transferred, the transaction can’t be reversed
- Bonus miles will post to accounts within 10 business days of April 30, 2022
- Validity for this promotion is determined based on the date of the transfer provided by the partner program
- You can’t combine this with any other transfer offer
Which transfer partners are eligible?
While Etihad Guest has lots of transfer partners, only the following partners qualify for this promotion:
Le Club Accor Hotels, Marriott, Shangri-La, World of Hyatt, HSBC UK, Capital One, Hyundai Card, Hana Bank, KTC, Inbursa, SC Brunei, SC Singapore, Ping An, CIMB, Kbank.
As you can see, unfortunately most credit card transfer partners in the United States are excluded from this offer, so that’s pretty restrictive.
Is this Etihad Guest promotion worth it?
For context, Etihad Guest has three elite tiers:
- Etihad Guest Silver requires 25,000 elite miles to earn, 20,000 elite miles to maintain
- Etihad Guest Gold requires 50,000 elite miles to earn, 40,000 elite miles to maintain
- Etihad Guest Platinum requires 125,000 elite miles to earn, 100,000 elite miles to maintain
With this promotion you could potentially earn 20,000 elite miles, so that would get you 80% of the way to earning entry level status from scratch. The catch, however, is that Etihad Guest Silver status isn’t worth all that much.
Would I bother transferring miles to Etihad if I didn’t otherwise have status? Absolutely not. But if I were an Etihad frequent flyer and this could help me reach the next elite tier, then it definitely could make sense.
Etihad Guest is offering a promotion when transferring rewards from partners. You can receive 40% bonus miles if you transfer rewards from select partners during the month of April, and you would receive those as both redeemable and status miles.
Personally I wouldn’t take advantage of this promotion if I weren’t otherwise loyal to Etihad, but if this could help you earn status, or reach a higher tier, it could be worthwhile.
Anyone plan to take advantage of this Etihad Guest promotion?