For the month of April, Etihad Guest is offering a promotion that can earn you bonus miles when you transfer points to the program from a partner.
In this post:
Earn bonus Etihad miles for points transfers
Between April 1 and April 30, 2023, Etihad Guest is offering up to a 30% bonus miles when you transfer points to the program from select partners. The percent bonus you receive depends on the miles generated during the promotion:
- Transfer up to 10,000 miles and receive 15% bonus miles on each transaction
- Transfer 10,001-50,000 miles and receive 25% bonus miles on each transaction
- Transfer 50,001 or more miles and receive 30% bonus miles on each transaction
As you’d expect, there are some terms to be aware of:
- Once miles are transferred, the transaction can’t be reversed
- Bonus miles will post to accounts within 10 business days of April 30, 2023
- Validity for this promotion is determined based on the date of the transfer provided by the partner program
- You can’t combine this with any other transfer offer
Which transfer partners are eligible?
This is the major catch. While Etihad Guest has lots of transfer partners, only the following partners qualify for this promotion:
Le Club Accor Hotels, Shangri La, World of Hyatt, Hilton Worldwide, IHG, HSBC, Capital One, Hyundai Card, Hana Bank, KTC, Inbursa, SC Brunei, SC Singapore, Ping An, CIMB, Kbank, Cathay United, CITIC, CTBC, Commonwealth Bank
As you can see, this excludes most credit card currencies in the United States, and it also excludes Marriott Bonvoy, which is the one hotel loyalty program where airline mileage transfers potentially represent a good deal.
Fortunately Capital One is participating in this promotion, meaning you could convert Capital One miles into Etihad Guest miles at a 1:1.3 ratio.
Etihad Guest is offering a promotion when transferring rewards from partners. You can receive 30% bonus miles if you transfer rewards in large enough increments from select partners during the month of April. Unfortunately many partners are excluded, so for most people in the United States, Capital One would be the one program where there’s potentially value.
Personally I wouldn’t take advantage of this promotion without a specific use in mind, especially in light of Etihad Guest’s recent award pricing changes, which were especially bad for redemptions on airline partners.
Anyone plan to take advantage of this Etihad Guest promotion?