Effective July 1, 2008:
Passengers may check their first bag free of charge. A second bag may be checked for $25. Each bag can be a maximum of 62 linear inches (length + width + height) and may weigh up to 50 pounds. Additional fees apply if there are 3 or more bags being checked, or if the bags are overweight or oversized.
The following exceptions to the baggage allowance rules apply:
- Customers traveling in the First Class Cabin may check 2 bags free of charge.
- Current MVP Gold Mileage Plan members may check 2 bags free of charge.
- Strollers, car seats, and disabled customers’ assistive devices do not count towards checked baggage allowance and may be checked without charge.
- Military personnel on active duty are allowed to check 2 duffel bags up to 70 pounds per bag and up to 115 linear inches free of charge.
- Customers making international connections to other airlines may follow the weight restrictions of the international airline, which may allow for heavier bags than the Alaska Airlines free allowance.
- Customers traveling solely within the state of Alaska may check 3 bags free of charge.
- Customers traveling to or from Guadalajara or Mexico City may check 2 bags free of charge.