I consider the Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card to be one of the most compelling business cards out there. There’s not another business card that offers a combination of a huge welcome bonus, generous return on spend, and useful perks, all while having such a reasonable annual fee.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year
- Earn 1 point per $1 on all other purchases - with no limit to the amount you can earn
- Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards
- Redeem points for travel, cash back, gift cards and more - your points don't expire as long as your account is open
- No foreign transaction fees
- Employee cards at no additional cost
- $95 Annual Fee
Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card Rewards Program
The Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card earns Ultimate Rewards Points, which I find to be one of the most valuable flexible points currencies.
Ultimate Rewards points transfer at a 1:1 ratio to the following programs:
|Aer Lingus Aer Club||IHG Rewards Club|
|Air France/KLM Flying Blue||Marriott Bonvoy|
|British Airways Executive Club||World Of Hyatt|
|Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards|
|Virgin Atlantic Flying Club|
In general here’s how long you can expect it to take for points to transfer:
|Ultimate Rewards Transfer Partner||Transfer Ratio||Transfer Time|
|Aer Lingus Aer Club||1000 : 1000||Instant|
|Air France KLM FlyingBlue||1000 : 1000||~ 1 hour|
|British Airways Executive Club||1000 : 1000||Instant|
|Iberia Plus||1000 : 1000||Instant|
|JetBlue TrueBlue||1000 : 1000||Instant|
|Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer||1000 : 1000||~ 1 to 7 days|
|Southwest Rapid Rewards||1000 : 1000||Instant|
|United MileagePlus||1000 : 1000||Instant|
|Virgin Atlantic Flying Club||1000 : 1000||Instant|
|IHG Rewards Club||1000 : 1000||~ 1 to 2 days|
|Marriott Bonvoy||1000 : 1000||~ 1 to 2 days|
|World Of Hyatt||1000 : 1000||Instant|
Points are also worth 20% more when redeeming for travel through the Ultimate Rewards portal. So you can apply points towards any “revenue” ticket at a rate of 1.25 cents per point.
That means that a $625 flight will cost you 50,000 Ultimate Rewards points, though you’re almost always going to get a better value by transferring points directly to the airline or hotel partner.
For example, you could transfer 25,000 points to Hyatt Gold Passport for a free night redemption at the Park Hyatt Paris.
There are a lot of great business cards out there. However, in terms of well rounded business cards, it’s tough to beat the Ink Business Preferred Card, between the generous point welcome bonus (the best welcome bonus of any credit card at the moment), reasonable $95 annual fee, 3x bonus points in select categories, and great coverage, including on travel, car rentals, and cell phones.