Update: This offer for American Express® Gold Card has expired. Learn more about the current offers here.
This card has a $250 annual fee, and offers some of the best bonus categories of any American Express card, including:
- 4x Membership Rewards points at U.S. restaurants
- 4x Membership Rewards points at U.S. supermarkets, on up to $25,000 in purchases annually
- 3x Membership Rewards points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com
On top of that, the Amex Gold Card offers up to $220 in annual dining and airline fee credits, as follows:
- A $120 dining credit, which gives enrolled members up to $10 per month in statement credits when they use their card at eligible dining partners, including Shake Shack, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth’s Chris Steak House, and Grubhub/Seamless
- A $100 airline fee credit every calendar year
This can nicely offset the annual fee, though the degree to which that’s the case depends on how much you’d otherwise spend with the dining partners they have.
Anyway, while there are no imminent changes to the card’s welcome bonus at the moment, there is something that’s ending soon.
For a limited time, the Amex Gold Card can be had in your choice of either gold or rose gold. I do have to say, the rose gold card is really cool-looking. Is a card’s appearance a reason to get it? No, at least I don’t think so. But if you’re going to get the card anyway, adding some color to your wallet can be fun.
If you’ve been considering getting the card, note that the last day to get a rose gold Amex Gold Card is January 9, 2019, meaning you have just one day left to get this card in rose gold.
At the time you apply for the Amex Gold Card you’ll be asked what color you’d like, so just make your choice at that point.
Personally this isn’t a card I’m getting for now, since I now earn 5x points on dining with the Citi Prestige, but this is still a very well rounded and rewarding card.