- A welcome bonus of 50,000 points after spending $3,000 within three months (this is marketed as $500, but that can be turned into 50,000 Ultimate Rewards points)
- 1.5x points per dollar spent with no caps, so it’s essentially the business version of the excellent Chase Freedom Unlimited®
My strategy with applying for this card
I held off on credit card applications for several months so that I’d get under the 5/24 limit:
- I’ve already had the no annual fee Ink Business Cash℠ Credit Card for years, which offers 5x points in select categories
- At the beginning of October I applied for the $95 annual fee Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card, offering an excellent welcome bonus, 3x points in select categories, and a great cell phone protection plan
- Just over a month later (a few days ago) I applied for the Ink Business Unlimited℠ Credit Card, as I recommend waiting at least 30 days between Chase business card applications
My application results
I wasn’t instantly approved for the Ink Unlimited, but then again, I don’t think I’ve ever been instantly approved for a Chase business card.
When I applied I got the “thanks for applying” message. Typically Chase then sends you the card and a letter if you’re approved, though one way to see as soon as you’re approved is to just keep an eye on your Chase log-in, and if you get approved you should see the card suddenly appear… and that’s exactly what happened for me. Cool!
Was it worth waiting for these cards?
As I mentioned above, getting under the 5/24 limit was quite a waiting game for me. However, in the end I’d say it was well worth it. Between the Ink Business Unlimited℠ Credit Card, Ink Business Cash℠ Credit Card, and Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card, I’m paying a single $95 annual fee, and I’m getting an unparalleled return on my business spend, including:
- 5x points on the first $25,000 of combined purchases per cardmember year on office supply stores, internet, cable TV, mobile phones, and landlines
- 3x points on the first $150,000 of combined purchases per cardmember year on travel, shipping purchases, internet, cable, phone services, and advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines
- 2x points on the first $25,000 of combined purchases per cardmember year on restaurants and gas stations
- 1.5x points on all other purchases
Seriously, how awesome is that? You can bet I’ll be getting value out of these cards for a long time to come.