Update: This offer for the IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card has expired. Learn more about the current offers here.
For the past few years, most of IHG’s global hotel promotions have been customized. Everyone gets some type of offer, but different members get targeted for different versions of the offer. The logic is that hotel loyal programs want to generate incremental revenue, so they’d like to get you to increase the business you’d otherwise give them, rather than just reward you for stays you’d make anyway.
The past several such promotions have been called “Accelerate,” including the promotion that IHG is running at the moment. IHG’s current Accelerate offer runs through April 30, 2018. Now IHG has announced the details of their next Accelerate offer, valid for stays between May 1 and July 31, 2018. To see the details of your Accelerate offer, log into this page and then register.
My version of the offer is for up to 43,500 bonus points after completing up to eight tasks.
My tasks include the following:
- Stay Once Get 2,000 Bonus Points — 2,000 bonus points (stay once during the promotion period)
- Stay More, Earn More — 10,000 bonus points (stay five nights during the promotion period)
- Travel With The IHG app — 9,600 bonus points (book two stays with the IHG app)
- A Bonus Weekend Stay — 6,000 points (stay a Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday night)
- Spend on your IHG Rewards Club Credit Card — 1,500 bonus points (pay for one stay with an IHG credit card, including the brand new IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card)
- Your Achievement Bonus — 10,900 bonus points (for completing four of the five offers)
On top of that there are two further offers, unrelated to the achievement bonus:
- Refer A Friend And Earn — 5,000 bonus points (refer a friend who enrolls in IHG Rewards Club and makes a stay by April 30, 2018)
- May Bonus Offer — 2,000 bonus points (stay once in May)
- Exclusive Brand Bonus — 1,500 bonus points (stay once at an InterContinental, Hotel Indigo, or EVEN)
This promotion has the potential to be lucrative, though it’s not as lucrative as some of the past Accelerate promotions I’ve been offered. For example, if I make a total of two stays, including one stay that’s two weekend nights, and one in May, and one at one of three brands, and one that’s paid with an IHG Card, I’d earn 33,500 bonus points. That’s not something that’s worth mattress running for, but if you’re going to stay at hotels anyway, it may be worth shifting around some stays. That’s a great incremental return, in my opinion.
The above doesn’t account for the points you’d usually earn, and the other great thing is that IHG has many reasonably priced hotels.
What does your spring 2018 IHG Accelerate offer look like, and do you plan on taking advantage of your offer?