Update: This offer for the Hilton Honors Ascend Card from American Express has expired. Learn more about the current offers here.
Hilton has been doing a fantastic job lately with constantly offering promotions to members. Between February 1 and April 30, 2017, Hilton is offering their “2K Every Day” promotion, through which you can earn 2,000 bonus points per night for all stays. I appreciate just how “no strings attached” the promotion is, as it’s valid for stays at all brands starting with the first stay, and there’s no limit to how many bonus points you can earn.
Well, Hilton has just shared with me the details of their next promotion, which I think a lot of people will like. Between May 1 and August 31, 2017, Hilton will be offering their “Go More Get More” promotion. Through this promotion, Honors members can earn double points on all eligible stays, while Diamond members will earn triple points on all eligible stays.
Hilton has also shared that:
- The bonus amount is based on a member’s tier at the time of checkout
- Booking and stay window is: May 1, 2017 – August 31, 2017
- All hotels around the world are participating in this offer
Redeem your Honors points at the Conrad Bora Bora
Through this promotion you can earn quite some return on your Hilton spend. For example, you can earn:
- 10 base points per dollar spent
- 5 additional points per dollar spent for choosing Points & Points
- 10-20 bonus points per dollar spent through the “Go More Get More” promotion, depending on whether you’re a Diamond member or not
- 2.5 bonus points per dollar spent if a Gold member, or 5 bonus points per dollar spent if a Diamond member
- 12 points per dollar spent on the Hilton Honors Ascend Card from American Express
A Diamond member paying with the Hilton Honors Ascend Card from American Express would be earning 52 Honors points per dollar spent, which is fantastic. Meanwhile a Gold member paying with the same card would be earning 39.5 Honors points per dollar spent.
This is on top of the 500 bonus points per app booking that you can earn through the end of 2017.
There’s no denying that Hilton offers a fantastic return on spend for hotel stays. I value Honors points at ~0.4 cents each, so if you’re earning a return of 52 points per dollar spent, that’s the equivalent of a return of over 20% on Hilton spend, which is excellent. That doesn’t even account for the 1,000 bonus points you can earn per stay by booking through the app and paying with an Amex card.
What do you make of Hilton’s upcoming global promotion?