Update: This offer for The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card has expired. Learn more about the current offers here.
Last year American Express and Hilton announced that they’d be entering into an exclusive credit card agreement (while previously Hilton also had credit cards issued by Citi). As part of this, American Express and Hilton are introducing two new credit cards, and also rebranding their two existing cards, which is great news for consumers.
The new credit cards go live today, and as part of that we’re seeing the introduction of the Hilton Honors American Express Business Card, which is the first Hilton Honors small business credit card.
Applications are now live for the new $95 annual fee Hilton Honors American Express Business Card, which is offering a sign-up bonus of up to 100,000 Hilton Honors points — you can earn 75,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 within the first three months, and a further 25,000 bonus points after spending an additional $1,000 within the first six months.
That’s a solid sign-up bonus, and just about all small business owners with good to excellent credit should be eligible for it, given that this card is brand new. In terms of the return on spend, the card offers:
- 12x Hilton Honors points at hotels and resorts in the Hilton portfolio worldwide
- 6x Hilton Honors points on U.S. gas stations, wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service producers and U.S. purchases for shipping
- 6x Hilton Honors points on U.S. restaurants, flights booked directly with airlines or amextravel.com, and car rentals booked directly from select car rental companies
- 3x Hilton Honors points on all other eligible purchases
On top of that, the card offers lots of other potentially valuable perks, including:
- Hilton Honors Gold status for as long as you have the card
- A weekend night certificate valid at virtually any Hilton property worldwide after you spend $15,000 on the card in a calendar year
- A second weekend night certificate when you spend an additional $45,000 on the card in the same calendar year
- 10 free airport lounge visits each year with the Priority Pass Select membership that comes with the card
- Hilton Honors Diamond status when you spend $60,000 on the card in a calendar year
- No foreign transaction fees
That’s an all around very solid bonus. On top of that, keep in mind that there are some advantages to applying for an Amex small business card:
- Applying for an Amex small business card generally won’t count towards your total as far as the Chase 5/24 rule is concerned
- Amex business cards are among the easiest small business cards to be approved for, even if you have a fairly new business with limited income
- If you haven’t had a business card before and are concerned about the possibility of a rejection, keep in mind that if you’re an existing Amex cardmember and get denied, it typically won’t be reported to credit bureaus; that’s because Amex uses existing customer data to conditionally approve people for credit cards, and only after conditional approval do they pull your credit score, to see if anything major has changed
The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card is a fantastic new card that lots of people should be eligible for, given that it’s a new product. The card has a generous sign-up bonus, offers Honors Gold status for as long as you have the card, and makes it easy to earn 1-2 weekend night certificates annually, assuming you put a considerable amount of spend onto the card.