Update: These offers for the Hilton Honors Ascend Card from American Express and The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card have expired. Learn more about the current offers here.
In the interest of full disclosure, One Mile At A Time earns a referral bonus for anyone that’s approved through some of the below links. These are the best publicly available offers that we have found for each card. Please check out our advertiser policy for further details about the partners we work with. Thanks for your support!
Since mid-May, American Express has been offering increased welcome bonuses on their co-branded Hilton credit cards. We have just over a week remaining before these offers are pulled, so if you’re interested you’ll want to act soon. In this post I wanted to recap the basics of these offers, for anyone who is considering one (or multiple) of these cards.
Increased Hilton Amex co-brand card offer details
The following cards are offering limited time increased welcome bonuses through June 27, 2018:
- The Hilton Honors Ascend Card from American Express is offering a welcome bonus of 100,000 Honors bonus points after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first three months, plus a free weekend night award on your first account anniversary; $95 annual fee
- The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card is offering a welcome bonus of 125,000 Honors bonus points after spending $5,000 on purchases within the first three months; $95 annual fee
- The Hilton Honors™ Card from American Express is offering a welcome bonus of 75,000 Honors bonus points after spending $1,000 within the first three months; $0 annual fee
What are the perks of these cards?
- Honors Gold status for as long as you have the card
- Honors Diamond status when you spend $40,000 on the card in a calendar year
- A free weekend night reward when you spend $15,000 on the card in a calendar year; for the business version of the card, you can get a second weekend night reward when you spend a total of $60,000 in a calendar year
Then for the no annual fee Hilton Honors™ Card from American Express you can expect:
- Honors Silver status for as long as you have the card
- Honors Gold status when you spend $20,000 on the card in a calendar year
Another great perk of all of these cards is that they give you access to Amex Offers, which is one of my favorite things about having any American Express card. This gives you access to savings and bonus points opportunities on a variety of purchases, which in many cases more than cover the annual fee on a card.
How many of these Hilton Amex cards can you be approved for?
All of these cards are considered separate products, meaning that you can earn the welcome bonus on each of these cards once.
The major limitation to be aware of is that typically each person is limited to having at most five American Express credit cards at a time. It doesn’t matter whether those are personal or business cards, though it doesn’t include charge cards, like The Business Platinum® Card from American Express OPEN, The Platinum Card® from American Express, The Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express OPEN, and the Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express.
The last major restriction is that anecdotally you won’t be approved for more than two Amex credit cards in a 90 day period. You can apply for two cards in a day, though there’s a chance one application may be delayed by a bit, and the approval may only come through after a few days. That shouldn’t be a major issue, though.
The increased welcome bonuses on the Hilton Honors Ascend Card, Hilton Honors American Express Business Card, and Hilton Honors™ Card from American Express are only valid for a bit over a week, and are seriously worth considering. Not only do these cards have great welcome bonuses, but they offer perks that make them worth holding onto long term
If you’re looking for a more premium card, the Hilton Aspire Card is also worth considering, though it doesn’t have an increased welcome bonus at the moment.