A few weeks ago we saw the introduction of a fantastic offer for new cardmembers on the World of Hyatt Credit Card, which could be a reason to pick up this card now. This offer is only available through the end of the month, so I wanted to recap it for anyone who has been considering it.
Earn double elite nights with the Hyatt Card
In addition to the current bonus of up to 60,000 World of Hyatt points, for a limited time the World of Hyatt Credit Card is offering new cardmembers two elite night credits for each night they stay:
- This promotion is valid for applications through September 30, 2021
- This promotion is available for stays between August 16 and December 31, 2021
- Any “qualifying” stay is eligible, which includes any paid or award stay booked directly with Hyatt
For context, Hyatt has already lowered elite requirements for 2021. World of Hyatt Globalist status only requires 30 elite nights in 2021. In other words, if you got this card now, you’d earn 30 elite nights if you stayed for 15 nights.
Also keep in mind how rewarding this card is for earning Hyatt elite nights in general — you receive five elite nights annually just for having the card, and two elite nights for every $5,000 you spend on the card. In other words, if you got the card and spent $5,000, you’d be at seven elite nights. Then staying 12 nights at Hyatts would earn you 24 more elite nights, for a total of 31 elite nights — that’s more than enough for Globalist status (though note that Milestone Rewards are earned based on how many elite nights you earn in a year).
Why you should want the Hyatt Card
Beyond the awesome welcome bonus that offers a status fast track, there are lots of other great reasons you should consider the $95 annual fee World of Hyatt Credit Card:
- You receive World of Hyatt’s entry level Discoverist status for as long as you have the card
- You receive a Category 1-4 free night certificate annually, which should more than justify the annual fee in and of itself
- You receive five elite nights annually just for having the card, and two elite nights for every $5,000 you spend on the card
- There are often targeted promotions for cardmembers, like discounts on award redemptions
- If you spend $15,000 on the card in a year then you receive a second Category 1-4 free night certificate; I’d very much consider this to be a sweet spot of the card
The World of Hyatt Credit Card has a phenomenal limited time welcome bonus that includes double elite nights for new cardmembers for the remainder of 2021 (you must apply by September 30). World of Hyatt has already cut elite requirements in half in 2021, and now you can earn status twice as fast as that if you’re a new cardmember.
If you don’t yet have the World of Hyatt Credit Card but are going for elite status with Hyatt, this would be a great time to apply.
Anyone plan on getting the World of Hyatt Credit Card with this great offer?