Link: Apply now for the Citi Premier® Card
The Citi Premier® Card is currently offering a best-ever welcome bonus, and applying should be a no-brainer for anyone who is eligible. The Citi Premier Card is one of my favorite mid-range credit cards, and one of the most overlooked cards out there. The current bonus is all the more reason to pick up this card now.
Earn 80,000 ThankYou points with the Citi Premier
The $95 annual fee Citi Premier Card is offering a welcome bonus of 80,000 ThankYou points after spending $4,000 within the first three months. This is in line with the best bonuses we’ve seen on the card. This is being marketed as a limited time offer, though we don’t yet know the end date (it has been around for several weeks, so I imagine it won’t be around that much longer).
Citi ThankYou points can either be redeemed for one cent each toward a variety of travel purchases or gift cards, or can be transferred to Citi ThankYou airline and hotel partners. In other words, 80,000 points can get you at least $800 worth of travel or gift cards, or 80,000 airline miles. Personally I like to convert those points into airline miles for first & business class travel, to get the most value.
Citi’s general application rules apply, and on top of that the welcome bonus isn’t available if you’ve:
- Received a new cardmember bonus on the Citi Rewards+, Citi ThankYou Preferred, Citi Premier, or Citi Prestige, in the past 24 months
- Closed the Citi Rewards+, Citi ThankYou Preferred, Citi Premier, or Citi Prestige, in the past 24 months
So it’s fine if you have one of those cards, you just can’t have received a bonus or closed one of the above cards in that period. Learn more about Citi’s 24-month rule.
Why the Citi Premier Card is worth having
- The Citi Premier has the most well rounded bonus categories of any mid-range card, as it offers 3x ThankYou points on airfare, dining, gas, groceries, and hotels, all with no foreign transaction fees
- Having the Citi Premier Card allows you to maximize the value you get from the no annual fee Citi® Double Cash Card (review), which is one of the best cards for everyday, non-bonused spending; this card can earn you up to 2x ThankYou points per dollar spent on everyday purchases
- The Citi Premier offers a $100 hotel credit every calendar year, valid on a single hotel stay of $500 or more that’s booked through the Citi ThankYou portal; for some this alone will more than justify the annual fee
The Citi Premier Card is offering a best-ever bonus of 80K ThankYou points, which is excellent. Beyond the bonus, this card has a great value proposition in the long run, with 3x points categories, an annual hotel credit, and more. If you don’t yet have the Citi Premier Card and are eligible, I’d highly recommend applying with this offer.
Do any OMAAT readers plan on picking up the Citi Premier Card with this amazing offer?